The Winter Park Library has over 200 volunteers donate their time and talents each year. Volunteers are an integral part of our team and provide the support necessary to maintain and extend quality library service. If you are seeking an opportunity to use your talents and expertise and learn new skills while making new friends then volunteering at the library is for you.
These are some of the positions that volunteers work in:
- The New Leaf Bookstore
- Teen and Tween Advisory Boards
- Recording Studio
- Dream Room Lab
- Computer Lab
- Seed Library
- Help with children’s programs
- Special Event Volunteer
- Adult Literacy
- Outreach storytime
- Shelf Reading (books, audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs)
- Mending books and A/V materials
Our goal is for library volunteers to feel their time is valued and they are engaged in work that benefits the community. To ensure the experience benefits both the volunteer and the staff, volunteers should be:
- Looking for an ongoing commitment, 3 months or longer
- Able to commit to a regular schedule (weekly or monthly) at most 10 hours per week
- Willing to complete a background check
- Open to learning new skills
- Passionate about reading, learning and libraries
How to Apply
To volunteer complete the Volunteer Application Form. Paper copies are available at the Library’s Information Desk. Please allow between 1-2 weeks for application processing and review.
We appreciate your interest in Winter Park Public Library!
For more information please contact Steven Morris:
Phone: (407) 623-3300 x2082
Already a library volunteer?
Sign in to the Volunteer Portal to review your schedule and profile or the Volunteer Sign-In page to sign-in for your volunteer shift.