We are currently experiencing higher than normal call volumes. For faster assistance, we recommend emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are unable to answer your call, staff will attempt to return your call within 48 hours. Thank you for your understanding.
How to Apply
Easily apply to volunteer by completeing the Volunteer Application Form.
Please allow between 1-2 weeks for application processing and review. If you are placed as a volunteer and are under the age of 18, you will also need to fill out a Parent Permission Slip and the Volunteer and Confidentiality Agreement Form.
Please note: due to the upcoming move to the new Winter Park Library building, please allow additional time for application review and processing. We thank you for your patience.
We appreciate your interest in volunteering at the Winter Park Library!
For more information, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Steven Morris at email@example.com, or (407) 623-3300 x2082
Volunteer Goals & Guidelines
We strive for our library volunteers to feel their time is valued, and they are engaged in work that benefits the community. To ensure the experience benefits both the volunteer and the staff, volunteers should be:
- Looking for an ongoing commitment, 3 months or longer
- Able to commit to a regular schedule (weekly or monthly), at most 10 hours per week
- Willing to complete a background check
- Open to learning new skills
- Passionate about reading, learning, and libraries
Volunteers are an integral part of our team and provide the support necessary to maintain and extend quality library service, with 200+ volunteers donating their time and talents each year. If you are seeking an opportunity to use your talents and expertise and learn new skills while making new friends then, volunteering at the library is for you!
These are some of the positions that volunteers work in:
- The Polly Seymour New Leaf Bookstore
- Winter Park Archives
- Circulation Assistant
- Library Handyperson
- Help with children’s programs
- Adult Literacy
- Outreach Technology Assistant
- Mending books and A/V materials
- Teen and Tween Advisory Boards
- Computer Lab Assistant
- Makerspace Assistant (Facilitator, coach, specialist, technologist, support, mentor)
Benefits of Volunteering
- Enhance job skills and work experience to boost your resume
- Learn more about library operations and resources
- Be an active and engaging member of your community
- Meet new people and make new friends