We are currently experiencing higher than normal call volumes. For faster assistance, we recommend emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are unable to answer your call, staff will attempt to return your call within 48 hours. Thank you for your understanding.
More Spaces. Improved Places.
A magnetic, vibrant, interactive 21st century library.
The Winter Park Library is future-ready with a new facility! A 21st century, world-class campus designed by renowned architect Sir David Adjaye, partnering with local firm Hunton Brady, and located in a new, nearby location next to Martin Luther King, Jr. Park.
You'll find more spaces and improved places that give residents access to the things that transform lives and promote literacy, creativity, school and career readiness, inspiration, culture, and community engagement.
For the most up-to-date information about the entire project, visit the City's website where you can see concept designs, presentations, and videos.
- A library commons to read & socialize
- An education & performance space for speakers’ series, live performances, films & story times
- Three collaborative and flexible working rooms with the technologies needed for productive group work.
- An business center for entrepreneurs and creatives
- Purposeful social spaces near age-appropriate book collections.
- A computer lab with the newest software, and hands-on instruction.
- Eight 2-person private study rooms
- A new automated collection system that will improve materials handling.
- An upgraded makerspace loaded with 3D printers, a studio with video and audio production & staff
- More borrowing items including technology, bicycles, instruments & more
- Expanded history & archive areas with an improved Memory Lab space for research, a new archive conservation area, a new climate-controlled space for storing valued materials and classroom space for learning.
- A 30% larger “story” room adjacent to a flex-size multi-purpose room that will double class capacity