More Spaces. Improved Places.
A magnetic, vibrant, interactive 21st century library.
The Winter Park Library is future-ready with a new facility! The 21st century, world-class campus designed by renowned architect Sir David Adjaye, partnering with local firm Hunton Brady, is located in a new, nearby location next to Martin Luther King, Jr. Park.
You'll find more spaces and improved places that give residents access to the things that transform lives and promote literacy, creativity, school and career readiness, inspiration, culture, and community engagement.
For information about the entire project, visit the City's website where you can see concept designs, presentations, and videos.
- A library commons to read & socialize.
- An education & performance space for speakers’ series, live performances, films & story times.
- Three collaborative and flexible working rooms with the technologies needed for productive group work.
- A business center for entrepreneurs and creatives.
- Purposeful social spaces near age-appropriate book collections.
- A computer lab with the newest software, and hands-on instruction.
- Eight 2-person private study rooms.
- A new makerspace loaded with 3D printers, a studio with video and audio production & more.
- Expanded collections with more items to borrow, including laptops, bicycles, instruments & more.
- Expanded archives and special collections areas with an improved Memory Lab space for research, a new archive conservation area, a new climate-controlled space for storing valued materials and classroom space for learning.
- A 30% larger “story” room adjacent to a flex-size multi-purpose room that doubles class capacity.